Jessica M. McDowell
Growing up in small-town Fulton, Missouri with a working-class family, Jessica learned the value of hard work and determination at a young age. As an associate, her areas of practice include discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination in the workplace.
Jessica graduated from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in the top 15% of her class. She was also a Managing Editor of the UMKC Law Review, and worked at an employment law firm her last two years of law school. After graduation, Jessica served as law clerk for the Honorable Jack R. Grate in the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri, where she learned the innerworkings of the courtroom. Following her clerkship, Jessica devoted her practice to representing individuals in the employment setting. She has advocated for clients at every stage of the litigation process, from its early stages through trial.
Jessica fell in love with Kansas City during law school and is proud to call it home. She enjoys spending quality time with her husband, Brett, and their rescue chihuahua/pug mix, Augie.
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Cum Laude (2016)
- B.A. in Interpersonal Communication, University of Missouri- Columbia, Magna Cum Laude (2013)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- State of Missouri
- Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court of Kansas