Ryan M. Paulus
Phone: (816) 505-1111
Working to protect the civil rights of individuals, Ryan M. Paulus represents clients in a variety of contexts, including discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, whistleblower, consumer rights, personal injury, severance, and wage and hour disputes.
Ryan’s confidence, perseverance, and attention to detail are invaluable to furthering his clients’ cause. Handling both large class actions and individual matters throughout his career, Ryan has developed a record of success in significant and complex litigation and has received multi-million dollar jury verdicts and recovered millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. Ryan Paulus represents both Plaintiffs and Defendants in a multitude of employment law matters.
Ryan is also a combat veteran who served with distinction in Afghanistan, earning both the Bronze Star Medal and the Combat Action Badge before resigning from the military at the rank of Captain.
Ryan has received one of the largest jury verdicts for discrimination in the history of the state of Missouri and has litigated hundreds of individual claims and class actions winning in excess of sixteen million dollars for his clients.
- Missouri Supreme Court
- Kansas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court- Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court- Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court- District of Kansas
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. University of Missouri, Columbia, 2007
- B.A. University Northern Iowa, cum laude, 2004
- Top 40 under 40 Trial Attorney’s
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys by The National Trial Lawyer Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Best of the Bar by Kansas City Business Journal
- Perfect 10.0 Rating by AVVO.
- Bronze Star Medal
- Combat Action Badge
- Publishes on a regular basis at kansascityemploymentlawyer.blogspot.com on current issues affecting employee rights.
- AVVO Clients’ Choice in Employment
- 8th Circuit National Employment Lawyers Association conference speaker
- Missouri Workers Compensation Law, Business over Breakfast Series featured speaker
- National Employment Lawyers Association Kansas City Chapter Member
- Kansas State Bar Association Member
- Missouri State Bar Association Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Member
- Clay County Bar Association Member
- Platte County Bar Association Member
- Veterans of Foreign Wars member